I've made some great decisions (go ahead and start that business) and followed them with some not so great ones (why did I think I could strain that through pantyhose?).
Many of you have followed me through this journey on this blog and the one I closed in the middle of the year. I thank you for sticking with me through the changes. Some of you were just bored and others couldn't look away...kinda like a train wreck. Admit it.
So...what am I really thinking? Well, what were the best things I learned in 2012? Here is the list:
- You cannot strain home made hair setting lotion through control top pantyhose.
- It is totally possible to stick your eye shut with eyelash glue.
- Small dogs do hold grudges.
- Bandaids still fix everything (even a broken hearted 16 yr old).
- Sometimes, a good cry is all you really need.
- Red lipstick makes you invincible.
- Walking with a cane is hard but, not walking at all is far worse.
- My husband can totally tell when I substitute even a pinch of sugar with Splenda...and he hates it.
- Getting my degree was awesome...getting the next one will be epic.
- Being me is not as bad as I once thought.
- Wine makes everything better.
- The meaning of life boils down to two things, bobby pins and butter.
As long as I stay true to myself and speak the truth with love, everything will work out in time.
Not an easy lesson to learn, but one that I think is important.
Thanks for hanging out with me this year.
I plan to blog more, hit the thrift stores hard, and open a vintage hat store. 2013, you are going to be a busy year!
Happy New Year!