Friday, July 20, 2012

Ok, so I'm obsessed

I am horribly addicted to makeup. I admit it.  There should be a 12 step program for people like me.  I love the way it looks and I love all the things you can do and hide with it.  What I do not love is how most of it feels. I love the little samples that come with a purchase from major brands.  How could I not?  Trying something for free?  Awesome!

So which ones do I love the most right now?  That's an easy one.  Philosophy wins the skin care division hands down. They have products for every skin type. I currently have a large bottle of their cleanser, purity made simple in my shower.  I use it every day and let me tell you, a little goes a long way!  My skin is visibly brighter and tighter after just a couple of uses. 
Moisturizer is crucial, even in the summer.  Going from the sun (which hates me) to air conditioning can do a number on your skin.  My recommendation is hope in a jar.  It is non greasy and absorbs really quickly. If you have more mature skin, like I do, miracle worker lives up to it's name.  Yes, it is a little heavier so I use it at night.  Guys, these products are unscented and are great for you too!  Philosophy also sends two samples with each shipment.  You choose the samples you want so you can try before you buy.  Yes, they are a little pricey but as I said, a little goes a long way so it is well worth the money!
 As far as makeup goes, I am a Geller Girl.  I love Laura Geller cosmetics. I've tried every powder/mineral make up out there and this is the one I live in.   Ulta is having a special right now and you can get the All Stars kit pictured above for a try me price of $39.50 right now!  You really can't beat that and you will thank me if you try it.  I believe in these products so much that I am now purchasing them as gifts for the women in my life.  They are now all hooked too!
The secret to this kit is the spackle. Yes, I said spackle.  How many times have we joked about spackeling our faces?  Well, now I seriously do every day. 




Under your makeup and over your moisturizer it seals in the moisturizer and keeps the makeup and other things like pollution out of your skin.  It glows!  Ok not in the dark but it gives your skin a really beautiful light.  I use it with or without foundation depending on the day.  I won't be without it!
 The powder foundation is like none other I have ever tried.  It is completely weightless and it stays in place all day when you use the spackle. With a deal like Ulta has going on right now, it's worth checking it out.  I'm sure you will agree that being a Geller Girl is a good thing.

So why am I so obsessed with these products?  Well, they work.  Not something I can say for all the products I've tried.  There is a noticeable difference when I use them.  That "holy wow" factor is there from the first use.
You want to create vintage makeup looks?  You need to use good products.  So far, these are the ones I choose. Try them out and see what you think .

I'd love to know what your favorites are and why.  I'm always willing to try something new!

Have a beautiful day!
~Sharon

Besides, how do you not love products that take you from this:


To This

In less than 10 minutes????

No comments:

Post a Comment