Sunday, September 23, 2012

Home made hair setting lotion.

I wanted to find out what women used to set their hair back in the 20's ,30's and 40's.  There were several products on the market but, many of them made their lotions at home.  This recipe is one that I decided to try.  It is super simple and only  needs two ingredients.

To make this setting lotion you will need flax seeds and water.
3/4 C. Water
1 TBS flax seed
(you can find flax seeds in your local grocery store. They usually keep them where the salad toppings are)

Bring the flax seeds and the water to a boil.  Reduce heat to a simmer  and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Strain out the seeds. (I tried using a piece of old stocking and it didn't work well.  I bought a sieve). This will keep on the counter for one week or in the fridge for 2 weeks.  You can add a drop of essential oil if you want it scented.  I would use rose or lavender.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment