Tuesday, September 11, 2012

So I washed the dishwasher...

Yes, that's what I said.  I washed the dishwasher.  No, not just the outside, the inside.  Have you got any idea what hangs out in the bottom of your dishwasher then gets sprayed all over your dishes?  Trust me, you don't wanna know.

So, here is what I did.  First, I took the bottom rack out of the washer.  Then, I checked out the drain.  This is not for the faint of heart.  Noodles, weird stuff that I can't identify, and glass...yes glass.  Evidently a glass broke in there and not all of it was removed.  So, carefully clean around the drain.  Now, if you have hard water on the sprayer arm, rub in a mixture of salt and lemon juice.  No...don't drink it.

Next, put a cup of  white vinegar in the top rack.  Yup.  Stand a cup of vinegar in the top rack.  Just do it.  Run the washer as hot as it will run.  Half way through, dump the vinegar (and now water mixture) into the bottom of the machine and continue the cycle.

Once it is done, forget the drying, sprinkle 1/4 cup of baking soda in the bottom of the machine and run it again.

You will thank me.

You dishes will come out sooooooooooooooo much cleaner once your machine is clean and fresh!





No comments:

Post a Comment